Getting started with LastPass Enterprise is easy, starting off with a free 14-day trial. Simply sign up for a LastPass account and complete the Enterprise Trial Request Form. Once this form is filled out, the Enterprise features will automatically be activated on the account in question and can include up to 10 individuals from your organization.
Getting Started Implementation Guide
Click here for a step by step guide to implementing LastPass Enterprise: Implementation Guide.
Choosing which LastPass Account to Use
‘Enterprise’ is a set of features that can be activated on any new or existing account. New Enterprise users often wonder whether to use their existing personal account, or to create a new account for professional purposes. Here are the options:
- Using separate accounts for personal and professional use. This is the only way to ensure that you will never lose your personal data if/when you leave the enterprise. For a more seamless experience, you can link the two accounts behind your single enterprise login. If you do choose to link your personal account, it is important to note that the logins from your personal account will never be reported in the Enterprise logs. Once you have linked a personal account, you can migrate entries from your personal account to your enterprise account. We highly recommend you use this approach.
- The other option is to use a single account for both personal and professional data. This approach will ultimately give your employer control over the termination of the account, and we do not recommend this approach in most cases. The administrator of the account has the ability to ‘remove user from company’, which allows you to preserve your data and to continue using LastPass as a standard user. But they can also ‘delete’ the account, which will delete the account in its entirety including all personal logins that you may have saved.
Adding Users to Your Trial
Once you are in trial, you can invite other employees to the trial by email. After logging into the Admin dashboard, please click on Setup >> Create New User and enter in the email addresses of the employees you wish to invite.
An account will be created for them with a temporary password. They will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to reset their password and get started. If the user’s email address is already associated with a LastPass account, they will be sent an email with an activation URL.
Purchasing LastPass Enterprise
You must be in a trial or an active Enterprise customer in order to purchase LastPass Enterprise licenses. You can make your purchase using the purchase link found on the Admin dashboard Dashboard home page. Any additional purchases made throughout the year will be pro-rated for just a single annual renewal.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Admin Dashboard
- Shared Folders
- LastPass Single Sign-on for Applications
- Advanced Options
- Multifactor Authentication
- Terminating User Accounts from Your Enterprise
- LastPass for Applications
- Site Map
- Sample Survey
- Email Templates for End User Roll Out and Training