Sharing Folders Outside Your Enterprise
LastPass now supports creating Shared Folders with users outside of your Enterprise system. You can share any Shared Folder with up to five users that are not in your Enterprise. These users can be free, premium, or in another Enterprise. The only limit is that the maximum of outside users that can be added per folder is five.
Adding an Outside User
To add an outside user to a Shared Folder, do the following:
- Go to your Manage Shared Folders link in your Vault as you normally would.
- Type in the email address of the user you would like to add and click ‘Share.’
- The outside user will appear in your list of users and the user will receive an email invitation to accept the shared folder.
- Once accepted, the user will be added to the Shared Folder!
- Restrict what sites they see and change permissions as appropriate
If you run into the error: “An Error occurred – Cannot retrieve any public keys. The user may need a sharing key to be created.” This means that the user you are trying to share with does not have a sharing key. To obtain the sharing key, the user must log into the LastPass Extension at least once.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with LastPass Enterprise
- Administrator Toolkit
- Education Toolkit
- Internal Communication Plan
- The Admin Console
- Home Tab
- Set-Up – Policies, Installing the Software and Provisioning Accounts
- Users Tab
- LastPass Single Sign-on for Applications that Support SAML
- Push Sites to Users
- Shared Folders
- Terminating User Accounts from Your Enterprise
- LastPass for Applications
- LastPass App for Mac
- Mobile Apps
- Multifactor Authentication
- Site Map
- Sample Survey
- Email Templates for End User Roll Out and Training