The Link Personal Account option now allows LastPass Enterprise users to link their Personal LastPass Accounts with their Enterprise Accounts. This enables users to access their personal LastPass entries while using their Enterprise Account, all while keeping the two accounts separate.
Setting Up Your Linked Account
To set up a Linked Personal Account, log in to the LastPass browser extension with your Enterprise credentials. Go to the LastPass Plug-In Icon -> My LastPass Vault, and click on the “Link Personal Account” link on the left-hand actions menu. Follow the prompts.
Unlinking the Accounts
If at anytime you wish to unlink a personal account from an Enterprise account, you can do it two ways:
1. From within the Enterprise Account: Vault > Left menu > Remove More Options > Advanced > Remove Linked Personal Account.
2. From the personal account: Vault > Account Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Unlink Account From Enterprise
3. If an Admin uses the policy Super Admin Master Password reset on the account, the Personal account will automatically unlink.
Policies involving Linked Personal Accounts
Prohibit Linking Personal Account: Disallow linking of personal account into your enterprise account.
Prohibit Updating Personal Account: Disallow adding/updating/deleting of personal account data when it is linked through your enterprise account.
Setting Default Account for New Sites: If this policy is in place, and a user has a linked personal account, sites will be saved to the personal account by default, unless the new site’s URL matches a domain specified in the ‘value’ field below. Multiple domains can be separated by commas, e.g.,
Recommend or Require Linked Personal Account: When enabled, this policy will force each user to create a personal account that will be linked automatically to his/her Enterprise account. Existing personal account holders will be required to link their personal account. New users will enter their personal email address which will serve as the username for the account, while the master password will be the same for both accounts.
Enter a 1 to make this policy mandatory. It will continue to pop on every login until setup. Enter a 2 to allow the user to opt-out if desired.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Admin Dashboard
- Shared Folders
- LastPass Single Sign-on for Applications
- Advanced Options
- Multifactor Authentication
- Terminating User Accounts from Your Enterprise
- LastPass for Applications
- Site Map
- Sample Survey
- Email Templates for End User Roll Out and Training